Ok, you think pancakes are only made with eggs, milk, and wheat flour? Now, check it out! I replace eggs with banana, cow’s milk with vanilla almond milk, and wheat flour with gluten free flour (from from potatoes, sorghum, tapioca, garbanzo and fava beans).
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup of gluten free flour (240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of backing powder
- 1 tablespoon of agave sirup
- salt, one pinch
- cinnamon, one pinch
- 1/3 banana (ripe or 2 minutes in the microwaves)
- 1 tablespoon of non dairy butter
- Mash the banana
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- Combine banana and milk
- Add to dry ingredients and mix (if the dough is too dry add milk / to liquid add flour)
- For better results, let dough sit for 20 minutes
- Melt the butter in a medium/small pan over medium heat, and add the pancake mix
- When bubbles appear on the pancake, turn over!
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes
I love my pancakes with banana/grated coconut and maple syrup!
What do you put on your pancakes?